Effective Date: 25/05/2018
Samsung Electronics UK Limited (“Samsung” or “We”) and its affiliated companies respect your concerns about privacy. This Privacy Notice applies to the personal information we collect through the Samsunghealthcare.com (the “Service” or “Website”). It does not apply to information collected by other apps, websites or services provided by Samsung or its affiliated entities.
The Website is a representative website of Samsung’s healthcare business jointly operated by Samsung Electronics Health & Medical Equipment Business (“SEHME”) and Samsung Medison (“Medison”). This Website provides you certain features relating to Samsung’s Healthcare Business, including general product/feature information, event information, purchase/service requests, and membership programs.
In this Privacy Notice, we describe the types of information collected through the Website, how we will use the information, how long we will keep the information, with whom we will share it and the choices available to you regarding our use of the information and exercising your rights. We also describe the measures we take to safeguard the information and tell you how to contact us about our privacy practices. Samsung is the data controller for the processing of personal data. Samsung Medison and SEHME are joint controllers of this data.
Click on one of the links below to jump to the listed section:
- Information We Obtain
Through the Website, we obtain information about you in various ways. The types of personal information we obtain include:
- Your name, address, e-mail address, phone number and contact details, job title, organization type and name, country, language, signup path, purchased product/application details, event participation logs, membership details, registration details, and any communications you send or deliver to us;
- We collect information you exchange with the Website through your interactions with the Website, including and other inputs, and the information you receive from the Website (such as responses, answers and content). If you submit information to the Website that is sensitive in nature (i.e., health information), that will also be collected and processed for the purposes set out below. We will not actively collect such information without first obtaining your separate explicit consent, or as provided for by applicable law.
Samsung’s servers will receive information when you interact with the Website, such as information about your use of the Website, your interactions with the Website.
- How We Use the Information We Obtain
We use the information we obtain through the Services to:
- provide you with the Service, including to enable us to fulfill our obligations under any contract with you, such as to respond to your requests, questions and instructions made through the Website.
- identify and authenticate you so that you can use certain Service;
- improve and customize your experience with the Service, such as delivering content and responses tailored to our users and the manner in which they interact with the Website;
- with your separate consent, communicate with you about our products and services, provide you with notifications, content, alerts, offers, promotions, marketing information, communications and advertisements, and send you newsletters on a regular basis;
- respond to your requests and inquiries;
- for assessment and analysis of our market, customers, products, and services (including asking you for your opinions on our products and services, carrying out customer surveys; performing data analytics) to understand the way people use our Services or Websites so that we can improve them and develop new products and services; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions;
- allow you to interact with and use certain third-party apps and services;
- protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies, including this Privacy Notice.
- Through Samsunghealthcare.com, we will use third-party analytics services on our Service. The providers that administer these analytics services help us analyze your use of the Service and improve our Service. The information we obtain will be disclosed to or collected directly by these providers and other relevant third parties who use the information, for example, to evaluate use of the Service, help provide the Service, and diagnose technical issues.
Samsung processes personal data for the purposes described above. Samsung’s legal basis to process personal data includes processing that is:
- necessary for the performance of the contract between you and Samsung (for example, to provide you with the Service and to identify and authenticate you so you may use certain Service);
- necessary to comply with legal requirements (for example, to comply with applicable accounting rules and to make mandatory disclosures to law enforcement);
- necessary for Samsung’s legitimate interests (for example, to manage our relationship with you and to improve the Services);
- and based on obtaining your separate consent (for example, to communicate with you about our products and services and provide you with marketing information), which will subsequently be withdrawn at any time by contacting us as specified in the How to Contact Us section of this Privacy Notice without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- You are required, as a necessity to enter into a contract, to provide us with personal data for processing as described above. If you do not provide us with personal data, we will not be able to provide you all of the features available through Samsunghealthcare.com.
- Information Sharing
- We do not disclose personal information about you through the Service, except as described in this Privacy Notice. Limited members of the Samsunghealthcare.com service team in Samsung will access and otherwise process personal data in connection with their job responsibilities or contractual obligations. We will share your personal information with our subsidiaries and affiliates and with service providers who perform services for us. We do not authorize our service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
- Some of these personnel, affiliates and third party service providers are located outside of the EEA, including in countries that will not provide the same level of data protection as the home country of our customers, including, for example and without limitation to the Republic of Korea. Samsung takes appropriate steps to ensure that such recipients are bound to duties of confidentiality and Samsung implements measures such as standard data protection contractual clauses to ensure that any transferred personal data remains protected and secure. A copy of these clauses can be obtained by contacting us as specified in the How to Contact Us section of this Privacy Notice.
- When you use Samsunghealthcare.com to access or interact with third-party websites or services, we will send certain personal information to the providers of such third-party websites and services to provide you with the services you request. These third parties also will collect certain personal information directly from your devices through Samsunghealthcare.com. Samsung is not responsible for these third-party providers’ privacy or security practices. The privacy and security practices of the relevant providers, including details on the information they receive from us or collect about you, are subject to the privacy statements of these parties, which we strongly suggest you review.
- Samsung, our subsidiaries and affiliates, and our third-party service providers also will disclose information about you (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena); (2) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; (3) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; (4) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss; (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; (6) in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, sale, transfer, reorganization, dissolution or liquidation); or (7) otherwise with your separate consent.
- Retention of Personal Data
We take appropriate steps to ensure that information about you based on the following logic:
- 1. at least the duration for which the information is used to provide you with the Service;
- 2. as required under law, a contract, or with regard to our statutory obligations; or
- 3. only for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, is processed, or longer if required under any contract, by applicable law, or for statistical purposes, subject to appropriate safeguards.
- Your Choices
- We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we obtain about you. To update your profiles or preferences, limit the communications you receive from us, or submit a request, please contact us as specified in the How to Contact Us section of this Privacy Notice.
- Please visit the Website’s settings for choices that may be available to you in connection with your use of the Website. The Website offers choices related to receiving certain marketing information and communications about products, services and promotions from the Website, and deleting your data collected and stored for the Website. Please note that if you decline to allow Samsunghealthcare.com to collect or share certain information, you may not be able to use all of the features available through Samsunghealthcare.com.
- Your Rights
- You have the right to request details about the information we collect about you and to request us to correct inaccuracies in that information, to object to or request the restriction of processing, to request access to, the erasure or portability of your information. Under the laws of some jurisdictions, we will decline to process requests that are, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. If you would like to make a request to access your information, please contact us using our [Privacy Support page].
You may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you consider that our processing of your personal data infringes applicable law.
- How We Protect Personal Information
- We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information we obtain through the Services against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, interference, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. Samsung also maintains reasonable procedures to help ensure that such data is reliable for its intended use and is accurate, complete and current.
- Updates to Our Privacy Notice
- This Privacy Notice will be updated periodically to reflect changes in our personal information practices with respect to the Services, or changes in the applicable law. We will post a notice on our website and/or your device to notify you in advance of material changes to our Privacy Notice and indicate at the top of the notice when it was most recently updated.
- How to Contact Us
- If you have any specific questions, please contact us at:
European Data Protection Officer
Samsung Electronics (UK) Limited
Samsung House, 1000 Hillswood Drive, Chertsey, Surrey KT16 0PS
You can also contact us using our [Privacy Support page].
- You may lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority if you consider that our processing of your personal data infringes applicable law. Contact details for all EU Supervisory Authorities can be found [here] .